I Forge Iron

hello everyone!

Greetings fellow smiths!I decided to become a member of this forum to expand my knowledge of this Godlike craft known as Blade smithing(and blacksmithing in general)

A little about myself

I have always wanted to make stuff out of red hot steel(mainly cutting tools)and finally the other week i bought a 200 lb mouse hole anvil and some hammerheads(which i immediately made handles for out of ash)and a few pairs of tongs.

I made my own tongs before but they wernt long enough for what i needed them for and they were very crude being only my second project.

Now i have a makeshift forge made out of a metal box that is usually in peoples front yards that the cable company's own only i found it in a dumpster....cut half the closed end off and welded that to the open end...my blower is a vacume cleaner....I closed off the one of the two exaust ports and removed all vents from the opposite side...

a very crude setup but much more effective than blowing into a fire myself,or using a double action baloon pump that those creepy clowns use to pump those animal baloons up.

make my own charcoal....i raid nearby firepits for the spent hardwood
charcoal...

Im in the process of obtaining my g.e.d. and have just a math test to go....

my dream is to make quality cutting instruments whether it be tomahawks,kukris,push knives,hatchets,draw knives, mauls,wood chisels and blah blah.no swords though.....maybe someday later....

anyways glad to find this forum I hope i can learn from those who are much wiser than myself. :)

hi there loki - i reckon you'll find stacks of help on here- loads of knowledge on all that cutting stuff! not from me sadly - im an artist - but its all so interesting i read it anyway! good luck with whatever you try, beth

Welcome to the forum. Valhalla is likely too far to commute to any of the blacksmithing guilds, and classes, and will likely limit our ability to recommend places to acquire stuff for blacksmithing, or fellow smiths that you could visit. If you ever move from Valhalla to some place on earth we would be better able to assist you in recommending resources. :D

Give my regards to Sva

Edited by UnicornForge

He is in good hands up there, as he has Weiland and Mimer to assist in his training.

On a more serious note, we take our forum more seriously than a kids text message. If you take it seriously you will get alot of help, Welcome to I Forge Iron.