I Forge Iron

Hi to All I forge Japanese Style Blades

I wanted to take this time to introduce myself.

My name is John Smith and I live in Cascade MD. I currently forge Japanese Style Blades. Some may know me from Don Foggs site if so Hi if not Hi.

I have been bladesmithing for about 5 years I have a web site Smith Forge

I use mostly W-1 or W-2 tool steels as these are great water hardening steels.

So here I am I hope to learn allot from you guys and gals

Welcome aboard John, glad to have ya.

I'm sure you'll run into some familiar folk as well as some new ones of the slicer dicer camp that is. . . Well, the others too I guess. ;)

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a big difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

Frosty

Oh Gawd..Who left the door open??? See..see what happens?? You leave it open for a second and all sorts of riff raff walk in...

Welcome John..this here is more or less my "home hang out".. I am surprized that you just found this place actually....I figured you already knew it.. Well, that's what I get for thinking...

He's good prople everbody...

Oh by the way John..unlike alot of forums, we don't take ourselves very seriously around here...all we ask is you have fun, contribute something every now and then and well..it's sorta like a party where we all sit around, eat chili and tell tall tales to each other...

Oh be sure to check out the chat room...that is whole lot of fun....heh heh heh.....

JPH