I Forge Iron

Still Around, found my first anvil, again

I had an interesting experience today. Helping a friend with a project and needed to drill some holes. I asked if he had a drill press, He said his neighbor did so we went over there. I needed to straighten someting also and asked the neighbor if he had an anvil or at least something to beat on. He said that there was an anvil in the back corner. I went back and there was my first anvil. I built it from a piece of 3" by 4" steel back in the 60's, gave it to a friend in the 70's. The friend has moved away, but there it was on the stand I had built from metal fence posts, rebar and angle iron. I'll try to go back and get pictures.

Edited by Jack Evers

About 15-20 years ago I torched out and ground a really basic RR rail anvil for one of the electricians at work and made a holder that'd slip into the trailer hitch receiver. I drove by him working on a street light a couple months ago and he was banging away on something on it.

Felt good.

Frosty

• 2 months later...