I Forge Iron

• 2 years later...

any smiths in the pilbara? Hedland?

How many of the sandgropers have personal forges at their residence? LPG, or Oil (Diesel)? I'm trying to get my landlord back onside since they sht down my furnace - the forge was the next step in my evolution - still hoping for a reprieve.....

Des

G'day Des, we don't know of any blacksmiths in the Port Hedland or South Hedland area, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are. There would be about five or six of our members who have forges at home, including myself. Mainly charcoal forges. I don't use my home forge very much, but I'm careful about when I fire it up, as I live in a very built up area. I never use it on weekends,only week days and over the last ten years, I've had no complaints. But I think it's just a matter of time, before someone complains.
Cheers, Brian.

Welcome aboard Des, glad to have you.

If you'll click "User CP" and edit your profile to show your location it'll make a big difference. IFI is represented by more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific.

Frosty

• 2 months later...

G'day guys,

Just joined the website and found BAWA. I knew that a blacksmith's club was in WA after talking to a woodturner a number of years ago.

Now to join BAWA and getting up to the Claremont Showgrounds.

Cheers & Beers

Macca

Alcohol & explosives the key to a lasting relationship