I Forge Iron

Here's a Homemade Anvil

I like this guy, he's going to go far if he sticks to it.

He's a perfect example of DOING IT instead of studying it. He is almost clueless about what the tools, processes, techniques, etc. are called and doesn't care but he's making some superior products. THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Frosty

Also CO2 tanks (think commercial fountain drinks!), some *old* fire extinguishers---they look at me funny at the fleamarket when I lift up the tank and feel the bottom. I look for *old* CO2 ones so I don't have to deal with possible toxic powders. (Ask at a fire extinguisher supply co they may give you old ones if you explain what you want them for.) Also valve lifters from HEAVY engines.

For a different type: lifting hooks and toroidal hitches make nice "bottomless dishing forms" and RR dome headed bolts---*NOT* spikes---bolts make good dishing hammers. You can also forge out ballpeins into dishing hammers---not the peen but the "flat end".

• 2 months later...

hi every one, any one of you want cheap forge:confused: ok follow thes steps
1-find or buy a barrel cut into half
2-drill a hole that fits a pipe under it and weld a strong pipe and carfull it must not melt in heat
3-and cover ther barrel with somthing to protect it from heat exept the hole
4-put a small sheat a mettal on top of the hole and weld it then drill some holes for the air
5-in the end of the pipe put a fan like the one in the bathroom or in hair drier and put it in the end of the circles carton a little bigger the pipe cut it and cover it with clay and put the fan inside don`t close the hole just put the fan inside the carton wich is stucked with the pipe and buy a controler for the fan to controle the speed and ther you go ;) hope it helped you:D

Edited by knife maker
missing letters