I Forge Iron

Some photos of 'my' shop...

Ok, So it's not really MINE, But I do get to work there whenever I want to-

Don't mind the smoke. The fire was just started :)

IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7889.JPG

This is the Choo-Choo forge, our local chapter 'headquarters'.

Pretty well equipped, too- as you can see. They have just about anything you'd need. It's a great shop, and I'm lucky to have access to it!

I like the fact that you can access the forge from all sides

That comes in REALLY handy when there are a lot of people in there- There were 4 working in that forge yesterday with only minimal inconvenience!

It is an excellent shop, for sure. What the photos don't show is that there is another forge outside as well, under a covered porch... There is a welding area, chop saw, and oxy/acetylene torch out there, too. Plus, You can buy your steel right of the racks there at cost, which is another great perk- No running to the steel supplier!

Perhaps the best part of it all, though, is that you can work with others there. There are members with all kinds of experience levels, from those just starting out to professional smiths that have been doing it all their life, And they are all very eager to help with anything that they can. It's a great environment to learn in!

-Andrew