I Forge Iron

Hey Yall, New guy

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! First, if I may, go to the top of the page in the tan bar and click on "user CP". There you can update your profile giving your location, doesn't have to be your address but the town/city will help greatly. This way we can help you with other smiths or tools/event close to you. (and like Frosty says give us a place to stop by for a cup of coffee if we are in the area;) ) There are 4 blacksmith groups in Texas, all of the with folks that enjoy helping newbies get started in this wonderful addiction! Once again, welcome.

cool guys, thanks. Yall Know of any groups in the lubbock, littlefield or amarillo area? i kind of ramble between them

North Texas Blacksmith Assoc. is probably the closest for you, Dallas area....Most of the SWABA--South West Artist Blacksmith Assoc. meets in New Mexico, a farely good drive I'm sure. Saltfork Craftsmen and Artist Blacksmith Assoc.--SFCABA will meet somewhere in Oklahoma on every Sat., they have the state divided into 4 regions. Best as I remember there is a non-ABANA bunch that will meet in Abilene but not sure of the dates. The city has some big deal in April and they meet and demo there, IIRC. Man, you just live out in the boonies too far, you will have to make a good drive where ever you go...BUT if you ever get over to GOD's part of the state give me a call, my shop is always open!;)

I know for a fact there are members of several different groups that live in your general area. Run an ad in the paper for a blacksmith meeting at your place or maybe an ad that you are looking for a blacksmith. Shoot, you'd probably be surprised as how many would answer. If you get one response at least you would have one and maybe the two of you could make a meeting somewhere together. Just thinking out loud....and of course my offer is here. Good luck.