I Forge Iron

THe Forge I found

Jaret

That is a nice fire pot!!! I notice that this fire pot would be easier to clean out with a shovel than some. The sides of your fire pot have a nice slant with a smooth transition to the flat bottom (wide enough for a coal shovel). You can slide a shovel down one side and smoothly across the bottom to pick up the clinker and ash. No sharp corners or welds. Most purchased fire pots (Centaur Vulcan, Lawrence Industries, Sofa, etc.) are designed like yours so a shovel can be easily be used to clean out all the debris as needed. So many of the home made fire pots, that I see, taper down to the air inlet (no shovel width flat bottom), which make it more difficult to clean. This is certainly not a big deal, but an easy to clean fire pot is one of those joys of life.

take a look at my gallary, i have had in my posetion some canadian forge and blower co. items on there , namely a blower, if you where closer i know where you could pick oune up...needs a little work but it works fine. traded mine for a 1hp electric blower.

I gave it a clear coat because i despise rust and put it all back together. Looks pretty sharp. Not sure if I can really set this up in the city. Going to build a gas one for the city. But none the less, its looking pretty good.

J.

13612.attach

13613.attach

13614.attach

Edited by Jaret
forgot pics