I Forge Iron

A bit of a shock

As some of you might know I was commissioned to produce a wall sculpture for a very up market school. I wanted something the kids would enjoy so I made a moon out of 2" plate, 3 stars cast out of aluminiumn and a sun cast out of brass from a forged steel original.

The school owner was absolutely delighted and asked me to see him in his school office at 12.30 today. Bemused I went along. There was a camera crew from China Central TV who filmed me and the work! So that can't be bad can it?

I have plans for a comet and a planet in the future (if he will cough up).

Once the stuff is installed on the wall I shall post some photos.

So the TV crew got a shot of Philip mooning a school---right on!

Note that in western iconography the moon represents the female side and the sun the male side; so all the old outhouses with a crescent moon on them were originally the "ladies" and the "gents" would have a sun.

So the TV crew got a shot of Philip mooning a school---right on!

Note that in western iconography the moon represents the female side and the sun the male side; so all the old outhouses with a crescent moon on them were originally the "ladies" and the "gents" would have a sun.

that explains why my wife is always mooning me...it the female side right!
Philip put some pictures up. I want to see what ya made sounds real neat...