I Forge Iron

just starting

speedyend

I'm new to this board. i've been reading and studying bladesmithing tech here for a year or so. aquired a grizzley g1015 and h8149 and then after buying these the school district threw away a baldor 330b, 332B, and old 528L grinders and polishers. they are all mine now. i have everything else i needed except a forge and that is in process. the depth of knowledge and the sharing of it has been of immeasurable value in time/money savings. this board and the net have sped up my knowledge of knives and the crafting and art of their making no end. thanks to all who have shared their hard won info. i'm located in garland, tx and hope to meet a bladesmith or two in this area. aquried some car spring that's where i'll start.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I'm in just east of Longview--6mi and about 120mi from Dallas. Check out the NTBA, North Texas Blacksmiths Association they meet on the 2nd Sat of each month. Also, Saltfork Craftsmen & Artist Blacksmith Assoc-- Saltfork Craftsmen there you can go to a meeting every Sat of the month, except the 5th Sat. Usually they are in OK but the SE Region meets in the Paris, TX area. Great group and we enjoy new folks!

How about updating your profile....click on the "User CP" in the green bar at the top of the page and give your location, one big advantage to this is it sure helps locating toys...er, I mean TOOLS in your area. Once again, welcome.

Having made a few blades myself, I like seeing more people interested in blade work. Welcome to I Forge Iron.

We have a life knife chat, Friday night at 10 pm Eastern time. Hope you can join us, if not, its usually reposted after editing out the entry/exits and nonsense like that, in the knife area of these forums.