I Forge Iron

Howdy Yall

Thorian

I was told about this board from a smith that I haven't talked to in a couple years cataulpa_forge1. I honestly haven't picked up a hammer in a couple years, after a pretty good burn I guess it just scared me. But anyway I healed up good and due to a bunch of sylvadine and some praying I didn't get any nasty scars out of it but there is some nerve damage in the right hand.

I guess I am basically starting over again with building up a forge. I have a section of RR rail for my anvil and a brake drum forge. And just bang out stuff to fix other stuff.

I just figured I would say howdy.

Hi Thorian sorry to hear about your burn - you obviously been drawn back to the fire despite your accident:) I reckon thats great - i am just starting really after years of bringing up my kids and im loving it - this site is great for practical advise ive used it alot - the blue prints are good to look through when you got time. ANyway just saying hi really, beth

Welcome aboard Thorian, glad to have you.

Was your burn smithing related? I'm sure there are lessons we can all take away if you would relate the story? Not to be nosey, I just think it's good to know how things can go wrong so I can cover my butt as well as possible.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll help a lot. Guys in your area can let you know about get togethers, tip you to tool deals, lend a hand in person, etc. Well, that and when us old farts are traveling we won't have to try remembering who's in the area if we need a nap or snack or something.

Frosty

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Man, you need to join BAM, Blacksmith Association of MO. www.bamsite.com Also, if you can get to Potosi, MO the weekend of March 28-29 you can possibly pick up some good tools. The Ozark School of Blacksmithing is closing due to Tom Clark's passing and they are selling everything in the school. FYI.
Sorry to hear about your burn, as a welder I have had a few myself but none TOO serious...
Anyway, glad ya joined up. Look forward to seeing some of your work.