I Forge Iron

Rural Development Commission books

Coalforge

Somewhere on here, there was an address to download a couple of the English "Rural Development Commission" books. I was looking for The 'Catalogue of Drawings for Wrought Ironwork", and the "Catalogue of Drawings - Wrought Ironwork Gates". If anyone knows the site address or where the books might be available, please let me know.
Thanks
Wayne (Coalforge)

Hello,

Here is the website - not so easy to find now;

http://p1.countryside.gov.uk/LAR/archive/publications/craftpublications.asp

download EVERYTHING while you can. I write that because there is a rumour here in the UK, that these currently free doc's will soon be withdrawn to be issued on a 'pay-for-view basis'. I hope that this will not happen but, in case it does, get them all now.

Regards,

G.

• 1 year later...

I know that this is a late reply, but try your local library for "The Blacksmith's Craft" ISBN 1869964 14 4 RDC 9/90/2500R/AP ... found one at my local library 11th edition 1990. May be able to find used copies on internet under used books. Great info with line drawings and b/w photos. A lot of info about forge welding.
Tim

I have all the Rural Development Commision Series they offered already downloaded and save in PDF format. If you want a copy you can PM me with your Email address and I will send them to you.

Terry

I have all the Rural Development Commision Series they offered already downloaded and save in PDF format. If you want a copy you can PM me with your Email address and I will send them to you.

Terry

try using COSIRA in your search engine