I Forge Iron

Cleaning the inside of a Champion Blower

bsiler

I've had a few post in here about my blower. So here goes another. I've put to heavy of a grease in the grease caps and probably to heavy of an oil for winter use. I would like to clean the inside without trying to take it apart. Seems as though I've read this in here somewhere, so if so I apologize for asking again. I'm thinking kerosene. Is this right or wrong. I've thought about filling the tank with it and cranking till it all runs out. Maybe do this a couple of times. Then start over with the right lubrication for cold weather.
Thanks for all advice
Billy

Edited by bsiler

Billy:

Only a very few guys here had parents that said something like, "You're going to be a blacksmith and take over the family business one day."

The rest of us started out wanting to play with fire and hit things with hammers. Well, okay, that's how I got started, lots of guys actually wanted to make things by hand.

A good question is more precious than a good answer because the latter wouldn't exist without the former.

Frosty