I Forge Iron

New guy from Okla

OkRhys

Howdy, I just discovered this site. I am new to blacksmithing. I have an anvil, a pair of tongs, a floor vise I found at junk shop and a hammer. I made a nail header. nail making is the first project I want to get good at. I am building a bellows and a forge. I am pretty excited at the possibilities of what can learn and do. Thanks for having me around.
Eddie Reese

OkRhys, Saltforkcraftsmen is going to have a blacksmith meeting in Tulsa on Feb. 14th at Bill Kendal's shop. His shop is located 2 blocks south of I-44 on Peoria, behind Ferguson Plumbing. You are more than welcome to come by and visit, maybe hammer some! Bring your projects, tools or whatever but most important bring yourself!

Bill Davis

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! This is the premier site for anything metal so kick off your shoes and enjoy.
Like Bill Davis mentioned above, I encourage you to attend. Great bunch of folks in the Saltfork group, all willing to help in any way they can. If you so desire, there is a meeting Somewhere in Oklahoma every Sat. of the month. The Southeast Region usually meeting in Paris, TX but really depends on who will be hosting it. Once again, welcome.

Welcome to the gang Eddie, glad to have ya.

Below are a few sections of IFI that'll help get you started. Pack a lunch and some liquid refreshment there's lots to read and look at.
IForgeIron.com > Getting Started

IForgeIron.com > Lessons in metalworking > Lessons in Blacksmithing

IForgeIron.com > Lessons in metalworking > Lessons in Blacksmithing > LB0008 Reference material

IForgeIron.com > Forum > Archive (Look for multiple pages 2,3,4 etc at the top of page. Pack a lunch and a cold drink before you go.)

IForgeIron.com > Blacksmithing Groups

Frosty