I Forge Iron

Inventor of Prison Damascus!!!

HackKnives

Hello to all.

New to the boards and in all respects I am learning every day.

I am a working chef so kitchen knives are my passion, no safe queens here.

I used to keep buying knives until it hit me when I was put on a waiting list for a new blade I wanted.......I can do it myself dangit!

I went against ALL advice and just jumped in with both feet. Built a small forge and started ruining stuff.....and more stuff.....and then more.

My friends have labeled me the inventor of "Prison Damascus" since most of my early works were more like prison shanks than usable knives.

With time, work refines itself and I got more exp. I still have MUCH to learn but I found this board and thought to just jump on in and introduce myself.

Hello

Nothing really exiting but here is a handle I finished not an hour ago, just before signing up in fact.

Ill post the blade pictures when its finished. Too ugly in its raw form yet.

Handle is getting mounted on Monday when I should have the blade finished.

I have plenty of pics but all too often I just get carried away and never bother with the "during" proccess when taking pics.

Feedback is always appreciated. And please be critical as I have no feelings. I simply make knives because I cant help myself.

10764.attach

10765.attach

Welcome to IFI. You may have "...went against ALL advice and just jumped in with both feet. Built a small forge and started ruining stuff.....and more stuff.....and then more", but I can see that you are definitely holding your own there. I can't wait to see pics with the blade included.

Thank you to everyone for the warm invite both to the boards, and for the kind words on my work.

I came home late this evening but have made an oath to myself to spend Monday in the shop.

I will try add more photos. I will have some better lighting during the daylight so I will post some other works for praise/ridicule.

-Hack