I Forge Iron

The passing of a Legandary Maker

JPH

Evryone..

Most folks who are in the custom knife industry that aren't long timers like myself and several other here, the name Jody Samsom is "new"...To those of us who have been around, know the name, many know the man.

Jody Samson passed away Saturady, Dec 27 he collapsed at work, Albion Arms, doing what he loved best..creating knives, and was pronounced dead from pnuemonia. He was a true artist in many different mediums and a great friend and collegue of mine. In fact a lot of his work was featured in my first book.

He fashioned the swords used in the "Conan" films and frankly, he taught me how to hollow grind and I showed him how to forge. I am truly saddened by this man's passing as a great light has been put out all too soon....

Walk with Tubal Jody, carve your work into the heavans and know that this humble man misses you...and treasures your memory and what you mean to anyone that made a blade...

Dr Jim Hrisoulas
Henderson, Nevada