I Forge Iron

Looking for a blacksmith in Anchorage, Alaska area

I have a retired fella in my blacksmithing class who says he will be in the Anchorage, Alaska area in May of 2009.
Are any of you kind folk in that area or do you know someone? This retired fella would be real excited to have a solid contact with a smith in that area who will allow him to stop by and watch or participate. Fella wants to learn. He is willing to jump in and help if he knows what you want. He has some very basic skills and lots of room for improvement.

Feel free to contact me here at the college of welding knowledge and I'll get the info to him.
Hopefully, you already know how to make the following address work properly.
Thanks for all help.
Steve

steverATblueridgeDOTedu

Isn't the smithing world great, FWIW, in the old days a practicing smith would let a new smith use his facilities to make some of his tools he needed to set up his shop till he had enough to hang out his shingle. On the other end of the spectrum, one smith would not show another competitor any of his secrets, fearing he might make a dime off his knowledge. LOL

Some, a minority of smiths, still don't share their "secrets". One local professional smith has repeatedly told me, over the past 20 or more years, that he only demonstrates tools, techniques and products that he no longer uses for stuff that he sells.

........... On the other end of the spectrum, one smith would not show another competitor any of his secrets, fearing he might make a dime off his knowledge. LOL

Some folk don't realize that there aren't any real secrets from folk who've been doing a thing long enough. Oh sure there are a few like maybe a patina recipe or such and sometimes a person has a production sequence or nifty tool that gives him/er an edge.

Secrets though? Naw, not really. Heck, that's why I keep inviting folk over, so I can sponge all their secrets and make my fortune. Bwoo ha ha haaaa!

Frosty