I Forge Iron

My version of the mini hydraulic press

LarryM

This my version of mini hydraulic press that was introduced to the forum by Ken Kelly. Thanks for sharing Ken. I didn't follow Ken's example exactly. I used what material I had around 2" angle for the uprights, and 8" channel for the base. It's not finished yet but thought I'd get everyone's opinions. More picture to come, as I make progress.

Can't insert pictures so click to view

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Otto, Pictures are in the IFI gallery. To answer your question this baby is going to be a handy addition the my shop. I successfully bend 1/4" plate in the press brake part. I also smashed 1-1/2" and 2" x 3/16 wall pipe. I haven't done any hot work yet. If you use a porta power weld a pipe socket to the base, and lower anvil. This will hold the hydraulic ram in the press. Trampoline springs make good return springs if you decide to just just use a hydraulic manual jack. I've been thinking about building another with 2" pipe uprights just to see how it works. Below is a preview of pictures.

#1 Press No Dies
#2 Fuller Dies
#3 Press Brake
#4 Channel Iron Bottom Dies
and light 14 ga. sheet on the right that I bent

Hope this helps,
BE Safe
Larry

10322.attach

10323.attach

10324.attach

10325.attach