I Forge Iron

Newbie!!! Just starting.

tech413

Hey all, figured I'd introduce myself. I'm from Windsor, Ontario, Canada and a diesel mechanic by trade. I've been looking for a new hobbie that is different and could possibly help pay for itself. I'm looking into taking a some smithing coarses a few hours from home to get started. I was wondering what kind of suggestions you guys have for someone just starting out.
I want to get in to bladesmithing eventually but I have to start with the basics. Basically just wanted to say hi!

Edited by tech413

Welcome aboard.

I guess I can forgo the bit I usually do about learning to smith before tackling a blade. Man what a relief! :rolleyes:

If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location us old farts won't have to try remembering where you live. You'll also find there are probably folk living close enough to lend you a hand directly.

Frosty

Welcome to IFI.

Where to get started? Well, go to the front page of this site and click on the Getting Started link. After going through all that then move onto the Lessons in Metalworking link then the Blueprints.

However, a warning. Before starting lay in plenty of food and your favourite beverage as you will be here quite a while.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI!
Ahh, how nice to see someone that has the horse before the cart! Learning the basics before starting bladesmithing. Not to discourage you but the basics could take a lifetime.
There is a ton to learn here and if you can't find an answer just ask, shoot, we're good at making things up.;) Once again, welcome.