I Forge Iron

censorship

Dan has removed all his posts from the forum sitewide, and has been placed on the inactive list. Being inactive, he is unable to post and or defend himself. If the discussion were to continue, let us do it such a way that he does not feel the need to respond personally.

I'll not write my piece. It would simply be a rehash, even a verbatim quote of what AlanB has eluded to. Simply, I reaffirm by what I agreed to when I was asked to become a member. Didn't we all agree to abide by a set of rules? What's really the problem here? I just can't understand it, but then I'm just a mug from a place where to get along, have a bit of fun, cop a bit of a ribbing, get serious as an absolute last resort and getting on with life is just the normal way of things.

Can I travel down a different track? I really couldn't give two hoots as to who is aggrieved or why. You can wax lyrical about how hard done by you are 'till you're blue in the face. The more waxing you do the more entertaining it gets. If you don't like what the moderator has done, I would suggest it be taken it up with him in private, leaving the rest of us to get on with the business at hand i.e. having a bit of a giggle, learning about bashing up hot metal and helping others beat the living daylights out of the stuff.

KARL-- Glad to have you here. I am sure everybody is welcome, IF they abide by the feeling that we are sitting in the middle of kids and refined women. Consider this a demo site where any and all kinds of folks are going to drop by.

I have gone back and reread some of my posts and edited them my self. I would hate for a potential customer to see me at my worst.BOG.

Thanks, Glenn and you others that make this site what it is.

Chuck

Karl,
You ask a question that needed to be reworded to fit this family forum. You had no objections to the rewording of your question. The question was answered and then the topic closed (locked) to bring an end to a sensative subject.

From there, other prople objected to one word in their post being changed and softened to fit the forum. It was called "censorship" and that is what started the discussion that followed, not the question that you (Karl) originally ask.

You ask a question, and it was answered. That is the purpose of the exchange of information on the site.

IF people wish to visit the site, or not visit the site, that is their choice. To keep the IForgeIron site a family forum and a clean and comforrttable site is the choice and responsibility of everyone that uses the forum.

As to your spelling, if any one were to object to your translating your language into English as best you can, then they should translate their English into the many different languages that are represented on this forum as best they can.

In college, I took two years of German and today would not recognize the spoken language if I heard it. For me to type in any other foreign language, would be out of the question. I very much appreciate those that take the time and effort to communicate in English so we can understand each other.

Karl, you are welcome and encouraged to visit and post to any section of the site at any time. We just need more folks llke yourself, who are willing to take the extra time and effort needed to translate from your language to English due to our not being multilingual.