I Forge Iron

Howdy, it's been a long time

Well guys I'm glad to be hanging around the forum again. I don't plan to pick up blacksmithing again but Chellie aka crazy goat lady. Has been talking to me about building a shop. Sorry that we kinda dropped off the face of the earth. I can't even remember what has happened since our last posting. The Lord did see fit to bless us woth 12 acres and a house so we are constantly busy just trying to keep up with all the critters and land maintenance.

Fellas and ladies I tell you it truly breaks my heart that Glenn and Thomas passed away. Glenn was always there to help chellie anytime she needed it. He even called her a couple of times. And Thomas was always there to critique anything I needed and once past his onry exterior I found a friend. It is an odd thing that men and women on the internet can leave such an indelible mark on our hearts even though we have never met in person. To all of yall that knew these men in person yall have our condolences. 

On 5/23/2024 at 9:35 PM, George N. M. said:

Tommie, glad to have you and Chellie back.  You've been missed.

Yes, a house, particularly one that has "projects" will take up 110% of your time.

Yours,

George

Hey George how goes it? Yep chellie will be back shortly to discuss smithing and the like. I will probably hang out in the everything else forum as well as lurking to see yalls awesome work. Yes sir our small Farmstead takes up a lot of time but I wouldn't trade it to live in town! 

So is @Frosty, @SLAG,  @Irondragon Forge ClayWorks and @Charles R. Stevens still around?

Tommie, Frosty, yes, as active as ever.  Slag occasionally pops up but not often.  Irondragon is still posting. And it is rare to hear anything from Charles R. Stevens.  Several others that used to be active such as Rockstar have dropped off and we haven't heard from Anvil in awhile.

If you want to see excellent work look at Alexandr's postings in "just a photo."  That man is a legend.  It's a good thing he is so far away or Madelynn and I would have a house full of his work and a very low bank balance.

G