I Forge Iron

Video promotions or youtube setups

Mighy have missed it in a search, but was wondering what type of video equipment is recommended, and any tips or tricks currently being used.

Obviously not wanting to invest in a Red, I don't want to try to make money shooting videos, maybe advice on entry level, mid level, and third preferred tier after that when money makes more money.  

one simple tip:

Just ran across a few videos and noticed the ultra-violet purple glow.  Easy fix is just a simple sheet of polycarbonate like Lexan (not acrylic or plexiglass).  Polycarbonate as an amazing side effect is a light filter below 400 nanometers.  Almost as if it was designed for it.  So a small piece of polycarbonate sheet not only protects your lens, it blocks that unnatural light purple glow you don't see in person.  Works for still shots as well, just keep it out of the way of your flash.  

obviously no commercial links, but even recommending brands or types should be ok.  

Okay, here's a question. What can a person do about sound quality. The roar of a propane forge WILL drown out the human voice and it's too often made worse by editing in too loud music. 

Some "noise" is desirable say the sound of hammer on work and a little forge noise is okay if low enough volume. Are there remote mics, say throat mics and a way to turn a cell phone's input volume down?

Frosty The Lucky.

I haven't set up and done a lot of You Tube videos, but I recently completed an audio engineering class at a local community college (it's free for us old guys).  The first thing would be using a cardioid or other directional mic and make sure it is aimed at the speaker's mouth and AWAY from the forge. Use sound absorbing material behind the speaker to reduce reflected forge noise. The other solutions depend on pricey gear, but it is possible to filter certain frequencies and even generate cancelling noise. Forge noise may include enough frequencies so that filtering them may affect voice quality. If you can't overcome the noise, eliminate it entirely and do a voice over. You can even record forge noise at a distance and use it for "foley" along with other sounds recorded as background.

Yep, watched a video for an ai company,  pay about $20 a month and one of the features is removing background nois(but subscriptions erk me to no end).  One of the reasons I was asking after watching yet another demo and could barely hear the speaker.  

Why I am interested in ribbon burners right now.  halfway bearable sound.  

Old trick was to isolate the audio for the background and add an inverted track of the same noise.  Works similar to active noise canceling headphones.  Not perfect, but at least bearable.

Would like to find a good cheap way to handle it without post processing..