I Forge Iron

Finns playing a song by Scottish immigrants to Australia in the style of American folk music. I love this world.

Candidquality

It's a good one, I have Steve'N'Seagulls in my music bookmarks. I only listen once in a while but they're entertaining and very listenable. I have the "Oh Brother Where Art Though" soundtrack saved too. 

Frosty The  Lucky.

I like it.  It's a bit more edgy than the NC bluegrass I've been exposed to though, since I moved here.  I went to a "blue grass" barn dance recently and it was toe tapping, get up and dance stuff.   They served some bad food though.  I have a video of it and thought of making a utube clip but don't want to hijack anymore threads.

It's hard to beat live music and live bluegrass is almost impossible to sit still for. You have video of bad food? :o Uh, thank you for not hijacking the thread or would that be up chucking it?

Sorry I couldn't help it.

Frosty The Lucky.

A long time ago, Debi and I went on vacation to WV and stayed at some old friends home. We attended a "concert" in Shepherdstown and I've got to say those folks really know how to play Blue Grass and Old Time music. I really loved the Cat Gut and Horse Hair band...wow. Of course we did all the Civil War battlefields and Harpers Ferry Armory.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus

I agree but there's a version with 200 pipers and maybe 15 or more Bodhran drums that really gets the blood pumping. There's a native American group, "Indiogene " I think that plays it on flutes and drums though there may be more. The video is shot with a drone circling and lots of fast cuts. It's like they don't want you to get a good look. 

A full philharmonic orchestra version though is something to behold (behear?) Maybe someday I'll get to listen to it in a proper music hall live. I LOVE live music, no recording is even close.

Frosty The Lucky.

Here's a another place we visited.  Clyde owned a antique and pottery store and in the back was a stage for the players.  He has passed away, since.  He was a kind man and spent some time talking to Mom about Nebraska.  I took a little video while we were there of them warming up.  A LOT of famous musicians played there over the years.  They had good food....;)

Edited by Scott NC
Remove Link

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, Scott NC said:

but don't want to hijack anymore threads.

hijack away my friend.  Love to hear anything entertaining.  

On 6/25/2023 at 7:43 PM, Frosty said:

. I LOVE live music, no recording is even close.

Man after my own heart.  Love anything live 1000x more than recorded.  

Just watched the gael with the air force on the last of the mohicans.  Watching with yo yo ma now...just unvelieveble.  Thank you for making my week better Frosty.  

• 2 weeks later...