I Forge Iron

Re-Greetings!

Crawler

Hello, all.

I've finally come back around here again. Been a few years since I posted, or lurked much, but I'm back with purpose this time!

Recently, I started banging hot steel at a local Makerspace. And it's about time! As I'm currently working on hammer control, and getting a feel for moving steel the way I want, I don't have anything worthwhile to show for my efforts in the HotShop. But I have been able to connect with a few other smiths that use the facility, including one that started in the 70's or early 80's.

Glad to be back.

Since the last time I was here, the 100 year old bread factory (10,000 loaves/hr at full-tilt) I worked at closed down. I've been at my current underemployer for 3yrs, where we produce sound & thermal insulting products.

Had a house fire over 2 years ago, and we are still cohabitating with the in-laws.

Job is crap. Pay is crap. Housing is crap. Car is crap. But at least I survived COVID. And now I use haymaker hammer blows as anger management.

Life goes on.