I Forge Iron

My new workplace

I was before in smaller room so I moved to the other one previous were 3 meters by 3 meters , it will be like 10 foot by 10 if Iam right with my math

Now it's bigger room , same building .

It is 3x5 meters , i mean. 10 foot and 16'5 roughly speaking.

I bought some tools for it.

Bought myself chopsaw ,I saw (no joke intended) that I need it to cut better and faster metal, and more precise .

So here are photos.

I painted my drill press, made metal stand for ti, previously it was on bench.

Made some cabinet for bench too.

Made space for windows, and build frame for it.

And hanged bellows under ceiling , i don't use them , but i can't dump them either , so i mounted them heigh , maybe too heigh , too chamber hut boards a bit ,but it can be opened.

Bought some tools chest that can be unfolded (great for tool storage , and space saver).

IMG_20230526_160803.jpg

IMG_20230526_160755.jpg

IMG_20230526_160749.jpg

IMG_20230526_160742.jpg

IMG_20230526_160734.jpg

IMG_20230526_160700.jpg

IMG_20230526_160718.jpg

IMG_20230526_160708.jpg

Knock the rust off and oil the post on your drill.  Use BLO on the anvil.  They will be better protected that way.

Make a deflector for the sparks from the chop saw.  You do not want to have the sparks start a fire.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Starting to get there. 

Haven't we been trying to figure out where to put your bellows for at least a year now? 

How does it look where it is or have you removed it? Let's get a look at the available space, etc. I LOVE brainstorming things like this. Your bellows is like the blacksmith shop perennial flower. Every time we think the blooming thing is finished it comes up again. :huh:

Frosty The Lucky.

To be honest i dont use bellows like for years iam nostalgic to move them to attic , i just hang them there, i use electric blower but yeah they take a lots of space.

I put them in "case " there will be lost off electricity, or my electric blower will die, but to be honest i just like to look on them, and  iam kinda nostalgic from where i repaired them back in 2020.

They are hanging here  

IMG_20230526_160755.jpg

taking some space but i lie myself that because they are up heigh they dotn take space.

There's nothing wrong with hanging tools or equipment to decorate your shop, it's a fine old tradition in fact. You might still get some use out of it though if you aim the nozzle near the top of the door and rig a way to give it a pump. That way if a bill collector or salesman knocks you can blow his hat off into a bucket of ashes! Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.