I Forge Iron

Home furnace oil burner as power source?

All of this will be done outdoors with a short chimney to keep fumes away from me. Yes I've googled it and watched some stuff, but some sources are clearly wrong, and some are very vague, I was hoping to find a breathing human with some experience who might want share what they've done that's similar.

My biggest concern using a furnace burner with waste oil is clogging it ever 15 seconds, so if I do use that as my starting point I will start with fuel oil or diesel instead of filtered waste oil, but ultimately I want my furnace to run on waste oil

We have a commercial boiler at work for in-floor heat.  It will run on everything between kerosene and 90 weight oil.  We do run the used oil through a filter before it goes into the supply tank.  So far (several years) we have never had any trouble with fouling/clogging of the fuel system.  We have the system serviced once a year to remove the ash buildup in the combustion chamber and to make sure it is functioning correctly.  Those systems burn hot, so a lot of the byproducts people worry about are destroyed at the higher temperatures.  Still, the exhaust stack is 10 feet higher than the roof of the building that houses it.

If you filter the waste oil to remove particulates, and use a separator to get rid of the water if that's a concern, I don't think you'll have much of a problem with the burner clogging frequently - if it was designed to burn lightweight oils up to gear oils.  If it was designed strictly to run on heating oil it might be a different story.