I Forge Iron

Puter crashed

Frosty

I've been offline since last Wed. My computer enjoyed the black screen of death. AVG offered a "free gift" I couldn't say no to or turn off. It downloaded and installed itself and then crashed my comp. My comp's been in the hands of a IT and is now fixed and fast once again. Turns out AVG got in a squabble with the other 5 anti malware programs running in the background. Only one of which I knew about.

Mark our new computer guru said my computer was creatively screwed up. I take full credit. . . sort of.

Anyway, I'm back. If we exchanged emials or edresses PM me for my new email addy and please pass the word to some of the folks I shared .lists. etc. with. Email is my only contact with some folks, I can call the relatives but I didn't back up stuff I should have.

Frosty The Lucky.

That bites.  Everybody I know seems to use Apple products and my sister says everything on them goes to icloud and can be downloaded to a new devise.  I don't know much about it, though.  I use android and thinking of switching.  I've been pretty lucky, so far..................... Hope you get those addresses back.

Terrible indeed anvil. Deb and I spent about 5 hours driving into Anchorage picking up her RV and I was jonesing about not being able to get online the whole time! 

I'm not an addict, I can stop any time, honest. I really can! :ph34r:

I won't use Apple if I have any choice, it's like buying a car that you must take to the dealer to service, repair, etc. MUST use dealer parts, accessories, will only run on apple gas and if someone wants a ride THEY must drive an apple. I couldn't afford an apple when I upgraded from my Commodore 64 and made better than good money. I had to go with PC and I haven't seen a reason to change.

PC just takes more work on my part to get things to run sometimes and I'm NO fan of Gates. 

Gotta stop or I'll start a fresh rant

Frosty The Lucky.

We are running 3 win 10 and 4 win 7 machines on our network, never tried win 8 and vista was a disaster. Does win 8 allow you to boot into safe mode when things go south? I have rescued a couple of computers doing that with system restore. The add blocker I like is uBlock Origin it works without slowing things down and it's a free download. Free is good in my book.:)

Win 8 isn't the disaster Vista was but it's always been buggy but nothing's backwards compatible so I couldn't go back to Win 7. CompuDoc, Mark says almost everybody is running Win 7 for CNC, it's the cleanest and most bug free for the purpose. CNC is what keeps Win 7 alive.

I like free too but I already paid for AdBlock and it's working a treat right now. It was a modest one time buy and they don't bug you for more.

Frosty The Lucky.

50 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Gotta stop or I'll start a fresh rant

Oops....  :)  You convinced me!  I have a $100 android phone, does me fine.  Oh and a locked up laptop I've put off taking in.  Batteries have probably petrified by now.

The ONLY reason we have an Iphone right now is when Verizon bought enough cell towers to pretty much corner Alaska they "up(?)graded" everything and our old cellphones weren't compatible, couldn't even install a new chip. The only thing they had in any of their stores were  Iphones so that's what we had to get. Seems Androids didn't have the "right" chips at the time either. Do now but. . . GRRR.

CompuDoc Mark says he can test the batteries so you don't buy a dead used comp or cell. I'm not sure how you work taking used electronics to the mechanic before buying but. . .

Frosty The Lucky.