I Forge Iron

I'am looking for a used anvil and post vice.

You don't need a post vise right as you start. I've been smithing for six-seven months and I still use a mechanics bench vise(the kind you can get at any hardware store), and for an anvil you just need a hunk of steel bigger than your hammer(try a tractor weight, its big, heavy, and if you live in the country side- easy to come by.), Other than that good luck and keep at it!

You could also see what Blacksmiths are listed in your region - there was one near me who fabbed everything due to costs & demand, they said. There was a forge, anvil & some tools in a corner but according to them they never got used.
Find someone like that & they may be open to offers, although they'd likely know the value of the items.

The original Blachsmiths in my region died out long ago. For many years I have had an anvil and back vise that I bought from a old blacksmith from my neighbourhood. Five years ago I sold it, due to moving to an other place. Many regrets now of course.
Thanks anyway for your idea!

Ron Zwart

I wouldn't know what local papers are published in your area, but in the United States it is common for there to be regional papers that are didicated to selling and buying used things (almost like a flea market newspaper). The papers have names like "Thrifty Nickel", or "Peddler", or something similar. Usually, these papers are sold (or are free) at convience stores or news stands.

I would put an ad in one of those papers, saying something like "Budding young blacksmith is looking an anvil, forge, hammers and tongs (and anything else blacksmith related)".

You might be suprised what comes out of the woodwork. Good Luck!