I Forge Iron

Making life easier

natkova

Welli did some upgrade on my bellows.

Want to show ideas to others.

Chain Is a lots of better than rope for pulling bottom chamber and I added some bearings to pole.

Here are pictures, maybe it can help someone.

Bearings are welded to rod which is bolted to wood and iron frame

IMG_20220408_160546.jpg

IMG_20220408_161112.jpg

IMG_20220408_164854.jpg

IMG_20220408_164904.jpg

On 4/8/2022 at 5:29 PM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Looks like the chain an bearings would definitely make a difference!

when you welded the bearings to the rod did it not melt out the grease seal?

Well i didn't noticed that. i think its not big problem even if it melt grease it will rol in it.
One thing to notice you need to cool down wood because it will burn!

I used water and cooled wood while i welded / i know its bit dangerous / but i had to do it like that.

The bearing is the pivot for a lever, not a rotating shaft so if the bearing lost it's temper it's not a problem. The grease probably kept it cool enough to hold the temper anyway. 

I must say you have a real talent for finding awful lighting for your photos. Of course it DOES have us looking closely for longer to see what you want to show us so I guess the trick works. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

The bearing is the pivot for a lever, not a rotating shaft so if the bearing lost it's temper it's not a problem. The grease probably kept it cool enough to hold the temper anyway. 

I must say you have a real talent for finding awful lighting for your photos. Of course it DOES have us looking closely for longer to see what you want to show us so I guess the trick works. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

Well i cant relocate my shop :D maybe i could take picture in morning instead in evening, Sun will  shine   on other place.

I am planning to add some pulleys or some triangle handle which hang from pole, since its too high.

Back stroke is dangerous well lets say pain full because it have weight on bottom chamber, so It pull bottom chamber faster.