I Forge Iron

Dragging a Magnet

b4utoo

I am going to spend a little more time looking in the used book stores before ordering one.  The stores around here leave a bit to be desired, but every now and then I find a gem.  Some stores just throw them on the shelf in no particular order so you have to sift through the rubbish.   Last month I found an original copy of American Blacksmithing for cheap.  It's fun browsing.  

Hitting used bookstores is always a highlight of our vacation trips; I still remember finding my  facsimile copy of Moxon's "Mechanick Exercises" in the basement of a used bookstore in Van Buren AR.  Also when going on international trips I try to learn the correct phrases for "Do you have any books on blacksmithing or metalworking?"  Ran into some great finds in German Fleamarkets that way.

There was a store in the Old Market in Omaha called "The Antiquarian" and I will tell you what, if you love old books of any kind, you had better leave your credit card at home.  IIRC they had study tables where you could bring a pile of books and study them and see if you wanted to buy.  Knowledgeble staff too.  I think it is no longer.  Wish I had a way, way back mochine.