I Forge Iron

Replace top on forge table, then the "Might as well"......

bluerooster

The "might as wells";  you know, when you start a project, and once started, while your there you "might as well" go ahead and....

Well my forge table was getting in rough shape, it's just sheet metal salvaged from an old water heater tank.  So I asked around, and got a piece of sheet stock, 5/16" thick.  It was free, so that's what I used for the table.  Well, there was enough left over to make a new fire pot as well.  It's quite a bit thicker than my old fire pot, which was 3/16" thick.  I didn't really need a new fire pot, but while I was there ...... 

I decided to keep the size of 8"x 8"x 4" deep. But changed the slope of the sides, by changing the bottom from 4.5" square, to 3.5" square, (it came out closer to 3") with a 2.5" tyure.   This will be my third fire pot.

First 3 pics are the new table, with fire pot bits cut, and ready to weld up, top done, and tyure.   Next pic #4 is my first ever firepot for coal,  then last pic #5 is the second fire pot. 

IMG_20220119_165506869 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20220120_154139670 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20220120_154154207 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20220120_154443440 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20220120_154619935 (Copy).jpg