I Forge Iron

Fire extinguisher dust

EpyonX

Hey all, looks like today I got to try out my fire extinguisher and got it all over the inside and outside of my forge. My question is, would it be safe to burn off the extinguisher dust once I can safely operate the forge again? Lesson learned, get a better support platform for the forge to sit on that has no wood in it at all. Here's the extinguisher label: 

FireExtinguisher.jpg

There is no cleanup as CO2 is a gas and dissipates.  Beware that the spray is *extremely* cold, helps to put out the fire but can damage flesh!  If you are friendly with the fire department they would probably be willing to go over fire suppression techniques with you.  You already know an important one---no flammable materials!  (Note having a couple of forge friends in the VFD can save a lot of grief; nothing like someone telling you they are going to report you to the Fire Department and you saying OK talk to the person next to you as they are a member!)