I Forge Iron

And yet another “name this anvil”….

More pictures will help in the Id. One of the bottom of the base, front & back feet, overall. If the weight stamping is 168 that would suggest U.S. pounds as opposed to the CWT. As far as I know the arm & hammer was used by Vulcan and Arm & Hammer, I can pretty much rule out the Vulcan.

Arm and Hammer stamped in was the logo of the Arm and Hammer anvils produced in Columbus Ohio by the Columbus Forge and Iron Co, IIRC, and considered a top brand. The weight stamp will be in pounds.  Arm and Hammer anvils are often identifiable due to them not smoothing the underside of the heel---check and see if the marks of the steam hammer dies are still visible. AinA might have when that version of the stamp was used.  Anyone got a copy handy?

(Vulcan anvils have the arm and hammer as cast out from the surface as they have a steel face and a cast iron body. They are also considered a lower tier brand.)

According to AinA this looks like an early version of the logo. Without the serial number I couldn't give a specific year. Only a general 1900-1930.  DWilliams35 can you post a pic of the front feet, or do you see a serial number there?

Edited by Mod34
Excessive quoting