I Forge Iron

Hello

USANewbie

I just wanted to share a bit about myself. I suffer from social anxiety disorder and PTSD. I'm on medication which helps a lot but isnt a cure. It makes interaction with others very difficult.  There may be other problems that i have as well. I've been banned from many forums i have  been on. I quit politics to stay true to God. I don't see arguing  as Christlike and don't think i need to force my beliefs onto others via political action or legislation. Some people would hide their illness  because they don't want to be stigmatized but i feel the need to let you know why i do things the way i do. I don't see myself going to blacksmithing meetings or schools. Its hard enough just working. Blacksmithing and welding is my hobby. It gives me something positive to focus my attention on.

Blacksmithing is very good at helping with issues. We have a lot of members including myself with them. Hammering on hot steel is very therapeutic. I used it for helping with issues developed while I was in law enforcement (retired after 29 years). Sometimes we may get a little frustrated and our answers reflect that. Just remember as a hobby it's supposed to be fun. Don't quote me on that.:D:ph34r: and welcome to the forum, we will work with ya for sure.

Welcome, Mr. USA, To the Forum.  I hope that you will be able to abide by the Forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up.  There are many here who have significant challenges, as Iron Dragon has mentioned. I am one amongst those.  That said, it is incumbent upon you to learn the ropes, conduct yourself in accordance with the Terms of Service, and know that although your case may be unique, you are in the company of some of the Finest People on this Planet, and not all of us have traveled the Smooth Path.  I extend my hearty welcome to one Awesome Family, hosted by Glenn, and his Dedicated Staff...

Robert Taylor

Mr. U.S.A.,

Welcome to the forum.

As others have already replied, there are dozens of members that are working their way through personal difficulties. And have found blacksmithing very therapeutic.

Many folks, here, all manner of problems like the ones you mentioned and others like Asperger's, A.D.H.D, bipolar disorder, dyslexia, to name just a few.

If you could fill a pharmacy with the total amount and variety of medications, many of us take, are you could fill out that drugstore.   LOL.

Feel free to use the forum for information, to solicit solutions for problems or skills, from the more experienced members, enjoy the comradery,  etc.,   etc.

Again welcome,

Regards,

SLAG.