I Forge Iron

Propane Tank Forge Build

Iswhatitis

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a couple pictures of where I am at with my forge build. I just finished firing the rigidizer today and tonight I will put on the Kast-O-Lite. 

After the KOL I will be putting a thinner layer of Bubble Alumina on just the bottom of the forge to improve its flux durability. Finally, I will apply a coat (or 2?) of itc-100. 

You guys have been such a huge help both reading old threads as well as directly answering my questions. Anyway here are the current pictures:

D536FD1B-5CA1-4B06-9AA8-DC3078C4F8D5.jpeg

23634EB0-CCFA-46BD-A079-3B365C74C399.jpeg

Oh well if that’s the case then all I can tell you is that I bought them from Etsy(don’t have a drill press) from a seller that had hundreds of great reviews for this specific item and that they seem to work really well so far although all I have done is light them inside and outside the forge. They are about 7” long not including the flare or the t. There are a couple things different from frosty’s original design but the reviews seem to indicate that they still work fine. 

Ok guys, I just finished putting the KOL in the bottom half of the forge, and now of course I go back to read stuff and for the first time I have found some people saying that you should wait a full day before you flip the forge and put the top half on. All I had seen up to this point was “wait a few hours until the KOL starts to harden then flip it and do the top.” 

well now I don’t know which of the two I should do. Before I read where people were saying that it’s best to only wait a few hours so that the first application is getting hard but still a bit wet so that when you do the top it bonds better to the bottom, but I don’t want to do this and have my floor sag upwards because I flipped it too soon. 

Every xxxx time I do something I research the xxxx out of it, but when I start doing it I do a bit more research and always find conflicting info to everything I had previously learned causing me to doubt myself. 

I am also wondering if I am supposed to have it in the bag with the wet towel before I put on the top or wait to put it in until after the whole thing is done. What I am going to do is go put it in a bag with a towel because it probably won’t hurt and when you awesome people wake up you can advise me what to do. 

Anyway current pics:

C6E85932-367E-40A3-BF23-0DA5AF3A7872.jpeg

8B1DD3F4-77D1-4D07-A26E-CEF9B1DCFDD9.jpeg

Edited by Mod34
Edited for inappropriate language