I Forge Iron

Papa Rhino 240lb Anvil

Greebe

Iron dragon,

I am glad. I wrote the post, then I thought about it, and thought it could be taken wrong.

It is a pretty nice anvil though, but I can't see paying that much for way more anvil than I need.  Truth be told, I haven't been in the shop in so long, my anvil may have rusted to dust by now.:(

Haha! No worries.  I figured it was a joke. I was going to make a smart xxx comment in response, but didn't because people are so easily offended these days. LOL! :D I am thick skinned, and hard headed, so I am good. I would give you $300 for that anvil though. Hehe!

Good deal,

I like the people on this site and don't want to get a bad rep. You are correct, so many people seem to be looking for a reason to be "offended", so they can play the poor victim on social media. Attention getting at it's finest, I guess.

He wouldn't tell me what he actually wanted for anvil. He Asked me what it was worth, I said $3.00 a pound...He wasn't thrilled with my answer. I was just curious, not trying to buy it. He told me he paid well over my assessed $3.00 a pound. I know sometime later he turned down a $1500. offer. 

• 4 months later...

I like the design of this anvil and wanted to try one out. I can see the concern of a slightly more narrow waist than the face. However David says that there is enough mass under the edge of the face that it does not negatively effect anything. The few posts I have found about this anvil, the reports are quite good.

So I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it gets here next week and I can shoot a few pictures and give my impressions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...