I Forge Iron

Buffalo forge blower

Mark M tx

I got this blower with forge. It stopped and my son changed it out with a cheap one. I would like to get it working again but cannot get the handle to turn. I can hand turn the fan and see the gears turning. Will try and attach photos. This is as far as I can get broken down.

Pretty new at this and not very handy.

Ideas?

Well can't figure out how to post photos 

Welcome aboard... I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum. It is full of tips like editing your profile to show your location as so many answers require knowing where in the world you are located.  READ THIS FIRST  Other tips deal with doing the most effective search, editing/uploading pictures and some may help with flying under the moderators radar.:)

I am not sure on the model. I got some tips for this forum and am trying to reduce photo pixels so they will load. I got the nuts off the plate that covers the gears but cannot get the plate off.

I will do a better job the next time I post and perhaps later this week I can get the photo issue solved.

Thanks for the response.  Mark

Sorry I can't seem to get a photo to load they take up too much space. Fan turns gears and turns shaft some that way. But shaft will not turn by itself to turn gears. I wish I knew how better to explain. I obviously am not very mechanically oriented.  I will try and get my kids to show me how to change photo to less pixels. 

I do a "save as" of pictures from my phone after I email them to my computer. I save them at file sizes under 300 kb. and they have no problem loading.

Frosty The Lucky.

If you have a windows 10 computer, open photos and with photo open, select the 3 dots on the right hand side of the screen.. This will bring up edit options and a resize option,  Pick 2K for emails and such. 

it could be as simple as a bunch of gunk inside. The gear drive could be a 48/1 and this means it does not take much to hold the handle from turning as the fan blade will move 48 revolutions to the 1 hand crank..  

Be gentle so as not to damage anything.