I Forge Iron

suggestions on a good acidic metal polish

What metal might you be wishing to polish?  Without important details it's often impossible to give a useful answer. Not having a useful answer doesn't  stop a lot of folks from making suggestions though. Making it best to hedge your bets right from the start by asking good questions.

How do you differentiate between "tarnish" and "corrosion"? They are synonyms in general use, your question for instance.

Frosty The Lucky. 

Copper alloys polish up nicely with commercial products like Brasso, etc. Iron and steel likes phosphoric acid products like Naval Jelly. I don't know of something to remove the corrosion from aluminum without dissolving it. It polishes nicely mechanically though. I don't know about Titanium either, there probably isn't any one agent, Ti has almost as many alloys as I have relatives I don't want to associate with.

Frosty The Lucky. 

XXXX yeah I did read this 

There is no reason to quote the post just prior to your reply. Quotes use up data/bandwidth and we have members world wide, some have to rely on dial up internet or pay extra for data. Please have some consideration for them.

Edited by Mod30
Language & excessive quoting.

Language please Samuel. The site owner wants this to be a place you can let young children look at and read without having to explain adult language or subjects.

Frosty The Lucky. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have posted about this topic before but not enough suggestions were given to me. I would like to know if any one has good suggestions on metal polish that's acidic and semi abrasive for removing tarnish and polishing steel and aluminum. If any one knows a good product or industrial product please let me know thankyou