I Forge Iron

another owl

Had a bit more time for scrap art. Our historic village is closed for the time being, so my daily blacksmith demos are no longer. On the day before we closed, a lady really wanted my scrap owl that I had on display, so I sold it. Had to make another to replace it and here it is:

DSC_2068.JPG

Have you made a small barn owl to hide in the rafters for observant folks to find?

When I first started at NRAO, the guy giving us the introductory tour of the VLA took us 80' up in an antenna being worked on in the antenna barn to show us the Great Horned Owl that had nested there. (We later freaked a worker at the museum gift shop as we were new so they didn't recognize us and we were talking about having climbed 80' up into an antenna...Once she found out that the Safety Officer had brought us up there things were OK.)

21 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Have you made a small barn owl to hide in the rafters for observant folks to find?

Sounds like a good idea. Actually, a barn owl would be appropriate because we don't get horned owls in Australia. I make mine with horns because it helps give a curious look, especially with the head tilt.