I Forge Iron

Dies for 50kg Bêché Power hammer

Hello everybody,

I have got a very specific question. I am looking for dies for my 50kg Bêché power hammer. After many seach, I found the dies for the Anyang AN-75. They seem to be compatible.

Did anyone of you tried that or has any information that could help me?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Mimosa

ps: (Sorry for my rusty English)

Careful measurements, by that I mean machine shop grade, will tell you the size of your dies and dovetails.  Once you have good dimensions of both the male and female parts then you can see if other more modern dies will work.  But once you have good numbers it might be just as easy to get a local machine shop to make new dies to your specifications.

There are few if no Beche owners on this mostly American forum, and only a few Nazel owners.  Nazels were originally designed by and the manufacturing licensed from Beche, and I don't know if  Beche and Nazel dies were ever interchangeable, but perhaps that could be an avenue of investigation.  For what it's worth original Nazel dies are unavailable but there are some people who know how to make them.  Google Mark Krause.

Most of the professional power hammer owners and all of the hardcore power hammer repair guys hang out on Facebook.  

Good Morning Mimosa,

Power Hammer dies can be made from many different Steels. Some people use 4130 or 4140, I have used T1 for many years. Loader buckets or Excavator buckets are made from T1, it is a weldable, hardenable Steel. Any person with a Shaper or a Milling machine, can make them. Any country has competant Machinists.

Neil

On 4/23/2020 at 3:46 AM, Judson Yaggy said:

Careful measurements, by that I mean machine shop grade, will tell you the size of your dies and dovetails.  Once you have good dimensions of both the male and female parts then you can see if other more modern dies will work.  But once you have good numbers it might be just as easy to get a local machine shop to make new dies to your specifications.

There are few if no Beche owners on this mostly American forum, and only a few Nazel owners.  Nazels were originally designed by and the manufacturing licensed from Beche, and I don't know if  Beche and Nazel dies were ever interchangeable, but perhaps that could be an avenue of investigation.  For what it's worth original Nazel dies are unavailable but there are some people who know how to make them.  Google Mark Krause.

Most of the professional power hammer owners and all of the hardcore power hammer repair guys hang out on Facebook.  

Hello,

Thank you for the contact. He is a very nice guy and helpfull.

Finally, the dies from Anyang are not compatible with the Bêché (you'll find here attached the drawings). I will modify my dies in order to use homemade dies.

Best regards

Mimosa

Bêché_dies.jpg

55kg-hofi-combi-die-bottom.pdf

In fact, he gave me some pictures and explanations. Then, I did the drawings and correct them after Mark feedback.

I will test it. If it works well, I will share my drawings (I am French so they are in mm).

Best regards

mimosa