I Forge Iron

What this kind of pulley is named?

Aeoliyan

I saw this double pulley from a power rack (i.e. a home gym station) on the Internet. I want to attach such a system to my power rack.

Does anyone know what the following pulley is named? Can I buy that kind of pulley online?

Thanks in advance.

double-pulley.png

Closest I can find is called a "tandem pulley" but those are slightly different (greater gap) and usually intended for true pulley applications rather than guiding.  Check them out in a google image search and you might find one that would serve your purpose.

7 hours ago, Aeoliyan said:

I saw this double pulley from a power rack (i.e. a home gym station) on the Internet. I want to attach such a system to my power rack.

I doubt that to be a double pulley. Considering it is from a exercise machine, the purpose is to provide resistance and not to increase power.

At a guess, one wheel is spring loaded to retrieve the rope and the other provides friction to make you work harder. 

I suppose you can find use for such set up for something in the workshop ... If I had need for such thing, I wait for the council clean up day, when half of the suburb gets rid of their exercise contraptions, and merrily walk the street selecting the best one ... :) 

I use equipment in the gym 3 days a week that uses the same "roller bearing" setup.  That is neither a double pulley nor is it designed to add resistance.  It is used to allow the pulling in either direction---------up or down.  As the picture shows, the two rollers are on a column...............and move up and down along designated stops to change their height in relation to the user.  In lower positions the user can do "curls" and other movements requiring a lifting of weight.   The upper positions allow the user to work on triceps and anything else in a downward motion.  Let's don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.