I Forge Iron

First Burner Build

IgnrntNewb

Yes sir, I have. Around here, all the black steel pipe nipple comes with plastic thread protectors. They don't even bother taking them off of the pipe. They allow the customer to do that when they're ready.

Edited by Mod30
Remove quote

19 hours ago, Frosty said:

You got it, that's exactly right. Just remember the really important thing is keeping the gas jet aimed as close to the center of the mixing tube as possible. Folks who don't understand this and mount their jets at or even in the mixing tube MUST use smaller higher velocity jets to entrain enough air to be neutral. Knowing this basic thing about induction devices is why I can put 0.035 contact jets in mine where other folks are swearing and sweating trying to get one to work with 0.025 or smaller jets. 

Frosty The Lucky.

All right, thanks. It seems that adjustable jet position would be a nice addition to most/all(?) types of burners - but perhaps not always worth the extra work, if you're just going to tune it once and then leave it alone. 

IgnrntNewb  I am not sure what stores are around you but here is a link to a 3/4 in coupler that you could cut in half and use as a thread protector. It is thin walled and not cast so it should work for you. I am sure you can probably pick these up and any major plumbing supply.

Remove commercial link per TOS

Edited by Mod30
Remove commercial link