I Forge Iron

Just joined today

In what I can only imagine is a near unforgivable breach of forum etiquette, I posted over on the solid fuel forge forum before introducing myself.  Check out my new cart forge over there and let me know what you think, good and bad. 

As for me, I’m just getting into this type of metal working.  I’ve spent a lifetime in the aviation industry and early on in my career had the opportunity to stand in front of a couple metal lathes, as well as beating soft metals into specialty tools as jobs required.  Not to mention the pure sheet metal work of re-skinning airplanes after they’ve crashed.  Oh the hours, days, months, and years of time I’ve spent bent over a sheet of aluminum, drilling holes, and driving rivets.  

But I’ve just never taken the leap to go full blacksmith.  Well over the forth of July I just couldn’t hold my wallet back any longer.  A week later my brand new 110 lb Kanca showed up at the door.  It’s a thing of beauty.  That led to the obvious conclusion, I need a forge too.  Sooooo, I built one and now can annoy the neighbors with incessant banging, bwahahaha.

Actually I focus much of my time after the normal work week is over playing with honeybees and working other homesteading projects.  Retirement from corporate America is right around the corner and I’ve got lots to do and always lots to learn so I’m happy to be here.

17 hours ago, ThoffmanApis said:

In what I can only imagine is a near unforgivable breach of forum etiquette, I posted over on the solid fuel forge forum before introducing myself.

You seem to tolerate Curmudgeonly behavior well, I think I can get you forgiven. It's not that uncommon amongst folk we wouldn't mind . . . Nevermind. I'll be good, that might have been an unforgivable breach of the rules. 

Welcome aboard, I think you're going to fit right in here.

Frosty The Lucky.