I Forge Iron

German anvil marked with "P"

Patty; this is rather like me saying "I have an antique American Auto need info!"   What can you tell me given that? Well it's old, American and an automobile    So all we can do is say that you have an old, German, Anvil.   If you include pictures, especially of any markings on it folks might be able to help more.

When you take pictures of metal objects they'll show detail better if the light is from the said at a low angle. A camera mounted flash washes out details with reflected the highlights. A bright overcast day works best. Shots of both sides, the top and one under the foot, yes what it looks like on the bottom can tell us a lot.

Frosty The Lucky.

Well Patty welcome to IFI. Have you read this yet? READ THIS FIRST   It will help you get the best out of the forum. We have members from over 100 countries, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show your location.

BTW When you upload all those pictures, be sure to resize them to something like 500X375 so they don't take up so much band width. A lot of members still have to rely on dial up internet or pay extra for bandwidth and large pictures take forever to load and we do love pictures.