I Forge Iron

Local ad for blacksmithing tools

Hey all, new here as well as new to the hobby - I found a local ad for some tools and was wondering what others here would think in terms of value for money - it's $85 and for reference I don't have any tools other than a 25 lb anvil and some carpentry hammers. Thanks

tools.png

Prices are location dependent; which of the 150 countries that have participated here do you live in?

Here in Southern New Mexico, USA, that would be a good price for the total package---if that is US dollars and not any of the other countries that use the term dollar for their currency.  Welcome to the World Wide Web!

Please check out the improvised anvils thread as 25# is not a good anvil weight.

Apologies - I live in Adelaide, South Australia - that was $85 USD/$120 AUD. Thanks for the response and I will go check out that part of the forum - I have been eyeing a local listing for a pretty clean looking Peter Wright 66 kg for 700 usd - not sure if it's worth it though, may follow that up with a post elsewhere.

12 hours ago, 2070- said:

I have been eyeing a local listing for a pretty clean looking Peter Wright 66 kg for 700 usd

If my math is correct 145 pounds for 700 usd or $4.82 per pound. Depending on your local availability and sales of anvils, you can compare the prices.

It is the final price that you pay that counts. Can use that anvil to make enough stuff to sell to pay for the anvil in a reasonable amount of time?  If your answer is yes, then anything after the pay off time, the anvil is making you money.