I Forge Iron

Chimney question

I have a small shop im putting together and it already has double wall chimney going out  through the roof and no bends. I need to figure out if i can go single wall down to the hood and also ideas for a hood. I dont have the tools to weld so a lot of it is gonna be rivets. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Look into a side draft hood or a super sucker type hood.

Rivets could be used fix some things together.  Think about how you are going to use a rivet to connect two pieces of stove pipe together. You do not need to weld or rivet if you have a drill and some bolts, or sheet metal screws.

What size is the existing pipe? And how tall is the stack outside? 

Yes you can use single wall pipe to the hood. In fact pretty much the whole stack can be single wall pipe. 10-12" pipe is recommended. And atleast 4" higher than anything within 6-10' as in the peak of the roof. 

Das I think you mean 4 FEET higher than anything within 6-10 feet radius of the stack, as in the peak of the roof. That would mean that if the distance between the stack and the peak of the roof is 10 feet or less, the top of the stack should extend 4 feet ABOVE the peak of the roof.