I Forge Iron

Peddinghaus Handwerkzeuge v. Ridgid?

Welcome aboard Chris, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. 

This is a case in point, location can make a big difference where your question is concerned. If you're in the USA then not much difference, Rigid bought Peddinghaus a few years ago and standardized the brands. 

UNLESS, "Peddinghaus Handwerkzeuge" is a different brand, overseas maybe? 

Frosty The Lucky.

I own a Peddinghaus  Rigid 275lbs..   It's a fine anvil and don't regret buying it..  Plenty hard..  I don't like the way they counter sunk the hardie hole and it is not finished at the very bottom.. 

It is a very usable anvil with a lifetime warranty.. Not sure how one would get it warranted as the company is tough... 

The quality control is not as good as it used to be so the grinding on the corners of the face were uneven but nothing of major concern.. 

I'd buy way again and the anvil I received is very hard.. 

They are very similar in construction as they are drop forged State induction heat treat

I believe the Handwerkzeuge is made by Kanca in Turkey. Thier website stated that they are again offering anvils due to popular demand but they look very similar to the Kanca. There are diferences in the horn but the rest looks identical and the specs and details  for both are exactly the same. 

In my opinion, you are paying for a Peddinghaus - Handwerkzeuge name and getting a Kanca anvil - but Ive been wrong many times before so dont quote me haha

Both the Kanca and Ridged are about the same price delivered in the 165 pound model. I like my new Kanca so far. Good luck and share some pictures

hUh.. I thought the older models made in Germany by Peddinghaus were the Handwerkzeuge  vs the newer Peddinghaus made by Rigid (Emerson tools). 

Did you find some information on the Peddinghaus Handwekzeuge?    Peddinghaus tool division Hammers, wrenches and such last I knew were still made under the older name..   Emerson bought the anvil division.. I thought.. 

Pieh Tool carries the both the ridgid and P-H

Blacksmith Depot says this of thier Kanca anvils “check the similarities of other drop forged anvils sold by others”

I have heard somewhere that Kanca was making the P-H but cant verify. Sure look the same

Oh, I get it..  Looks like a Kanca to me..   same weights and shape..   ("The only anvils made for Peddinghaus Handwerkzeuge!"  These German style patterns are completely forged in Turkey by one of the largest forging companies. They forge high quality parts such as crankshafts, camshafts etc.") was pulled from the Pieh site.. 

someone might be trying to do a brand recognition thing..     Maybe...

The German site for Peddinghaus doesn't even mention anvils as produced or available any longer..  I'm no expert nor an insider but just from a few minutes of searching..  

Anyhoo..  just curious..  

3080000050ped110anv_75e.gif

kanca_1_1.jpg

kanca_hardness.png