I Forge Iron

I am looking a way to create a good cast/mold for my aluminum smelting projects. I have been curious about using wood ash or clay for the cast. Just because those are the only materials i have besides regular dirt.

Please help what would be the best to use in your exerience or knowledge? And how do i acheive the best outcome with the items i have available?

I think Steve is gently indicating that the "smelting" process is more correctly used for making your aluminum from ore (bauxite for aluminum).  You most likely are just re-melting aluminum from already manufactured aluminum scrap?  Did you do your own research on the green sand casting process as I suggested?

I'm afraid it is you that aren't understanding.  The questions you are asking are imprecise and the potential options are varied (and potentially dangerous).  You still haven't answered Steve's basic question: aluminum scrap for a source, or ore?  If you don't know the difference, you shouldn't even consider doing any casting until you do.

You say you want to continue doing something you love.  If you have done it before, why not follow the same process?  I find it hard to believe that you can't find sand at little or no cost (but then I grew up on an island and sand was easily available).  You can get sand at a big box store at 50 lbs for $4.  Hopefully that isn't out of your reach, or you are going to have trouble coming up with fuel to melt your aluminum scrap.

As far as green sand casting of aluminum, a 2 second Google search gave me tons of good reference material.  Here is one that appears to suit your limited budget:  http://foundry101.com/new_page_7.htm.  If you are having trouble with reading comprehension, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4mLdyp-Zw

Note that these are other's sites and I haven't personally vetted any materials, processes or procedures.

Note that this forum is primarily centered on forging processes for ferrous metals (I Forge Iron).  If you want something better targeted for casting aluminum  there are other forums that will be more helpful.

Good luck.

The cheapest method is to find folks near you that are already doing backyard metal casting and get them to help you out or even piggyback pours.  If you live over there I could suggest an old friend; however not knowing where you are at I can't make any suggestions on finding supplies or people.