I Forge Iron

Acquired three more post vises but need help identifying one

Teddybo

MI have one iron city vise already a 100# 6” in near perfect condition with a very distinct iron city stamping the movable jaw post but this new vise has no such mark so don’t know if it’s an iron city but by the design I’m sure it’s much older than my iron city I’ll send you a pic of the iron cityDA68DFFF-0472-457A-9751-D79E3904CB3B.thumb.jpeg.db80fe9de84aef4c5203568379cfd8fe.jpeg

I’ve also picked up a hand powered drill press probably from around 1900 in guessing it works perfectly and has an automatic feed option that’s run off an eccentric by the flywheel here’s the p8D45F666-2AC0-41EA-ACD7-34B1C5F4A05E.thumb.jpeg.d551fab2516d2ef0db1c42f7f4d0c5d7.jpegicture 

Iron city have the short chambered legs and extremely  thick jaws  and all have Avery distinctly well made springs . I wdtually copy their design when making. Springs for my other post vises both picture im confident are iron city’s . Iron city where one of 3 company’s I know of the did that type of bench mount but iron city are the distinct in their thickness and design