I Forge Iron

stone curlew

Youtube has the Fry and Laurie "Swearing" skit on it.   Funny I've seen a lot more of Laurie's comedy work (Black Adder, Jeeves and Wooster, Fry and Laurie) than him as House.

I picked up a coil of 1.5" dia spring material that was left behind when they scrapped an earth mover.  Pretty much waiting to get my champion hammer running to try to work it.   In general I've learned to let the scrapyard store my spring packs save for unusual ones.  They always seem to have one to hand when I need a piece.

I have a problem with the dovetails on my 50lb. LG so I haven't felt a lot of draw from that BIG coil spring. IIRC it came from a crusher or shaker at a mine but the people trying to sell it didn't know diddly. 

No joy at the scrap or wreckers here, they're all single buyer contracted or want almost new prices + labor for removing parts from wrecks.  I really miss the days when you could scrounge around the scrapyard and for a box of doughnuts they'd set stuff aside they thought I'd be interested in. I had word out on RR axles to build a power hammer anvil and when I returned the yard was closed to non employees. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.